Written by Amanda Kaiser, SmoothThePath.net
Amanda Kaiser is a member engagement specialist and consultant for the association community. Amanda writes a popular weekly blog at SmoothThePath.net.
When someone asks you how you are, do you say, “busy”? “I have been crazy busy” has been my go-to reply. Fifty years ago did people say that? Maybe but probably they said, “I am fine, thank you.”
Today professionals are time-starved. There is never enough time to do the things we want to do at work or at home. I hear this in the research often. From university presidents to CFOs, to fundraisers, to engineers, to financial planners, to association professionals, none of us have enough time.
Being involved in an association usually takes time. But what if our association could give back time to our members? That would be an enormous benefit! And this is something many associations already do.
- Benchmarking studies save members the time of having to do it themselves.
- Curated content saves members time from searching and validating content themselves.
- Association online communities can save members time because they don’t need to sift through the mess of some public communities.
What else could save time?
- Association consulting services that help members get to a solution faster.
- Association agency services that help members with time-consuming media and content production.
- Or what about an association service that helps members connect with just the right member.
Perhaps what your strategy, marketing, and innovation needs is a focus on how the association can save members’ time.